We’re hiring! One of the main steps to keep providing free, engaging and high-quality educational materials online in many languages, to all who want to learn about groundwater, is hiring great professionals to support us. That’s why we want you to join our team as a Junior Digital Education Coordinator!
Read the full job posting:
Forbes Ranks University of Guelph Among Canada's Top Employers
Grant & Trust Administrative & Technical
Office, Clerical and Technical
Junior Digital Education Coordinator
G360 Institute for Groundwater Research, College of Engineering and Physical Sciences (CEPS)
Temporary full-time from August 1, 2021 to February 28, 2021
This job posting closes on July 26, 2021.
The Groundwater Project (‘GW-Project’), a non-profit organization, registered in Canada, is committed to providing accessible, engaging, high-quality, educational materials, free-of-charge online in many languages, to all who want to learn about groundwater, and how groundwater relates to and sustains ecological systems and humanity. The Project Leader is Dr. John Cherry, the project is managed by an 11-member international Steering Committee and one Project Coordinator. The GW-Project is administered at the University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada, and operates in association with the University’s G360 Institute for Groundwater Research. Anyone may download, at no cost, all GW-Project publications and related materials from https://gw-project.org.
Reporting to the Groundwater Project’s Project Coordinator, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Assist with guiding books and authors through the book creation process to create cutting edge state of the science books that are engaging and easy to follow and understand
- Assist with knowledge dissemination worldwide, bringing the best groundwater science and management tools to other organizations and countries
- Create groundwater education videos and educational content for Children and other educational modules
- Assist with author communications and coordination
- Keep project tracking and project documents up to date
Requirements of the position include:
- A university degree with a background in environmental studies, science, communications, education or engineering
- Demonstrated organizational skills, with the ability to multitask, prioritize and follow up with others
- Ability to work independently to achieve goals and develop strategies to achieve the project’s mission
- Experience working with Powtoon, Canva and other digital marketing and videography programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
In addition, the following would be considered assets:
- Experience working with GSuite business applications such as Google Drive, Google Sheets
- Some background in Earth Sciences and particularly hydrogeology
- Experience creating educational modules or helping professors convert their courses to online learning
Does this sound like you? Then send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the job title as the subject (Junior Digital Education Coordinator). Let’s create awareness around groundwater together!
This appointment will be fulfilled remotely off campus.